2019 Parents' Survey
In 2019, the school conducted their annual parents’ survey to gather the views and feedback of parents and carers.
The support of parents in taking the time to complete this survey is really appreciated as it gives us a real understanding of your thoughts and feelings about school life, helps us to measure the progress that we are making and shapes the future direction of the school.
Highlights from the 2019 survey
We have analysed the survey as a Senior Leadership Team and with governors and wanted to share with you some of the key areas of progress and also some areas for further development. You can find a copy of our letter to parents here: Parents Survey 2019
- 100% of parents felt their child was happy at St Helen’s
- 100% of parents felt their child was making good progress
- 98% of parents said their child felt safe at St Helen’s
- 100% of parents said their child was taught well (up from 95% in 2017)
- 98% said that pupils are well behaved at St Helen’s
- 100% said that the school was well led and managed
- 82% of parents said that they knew what the governors do (up from 72% in 2015)
- 96% of parents said that the staff have explained to them how to help their child with their learning
- 100% said that they would recommend the school to another parent
- Reception parents said that the recent changes to the reception induction period, including the shortened induction period and the home visits had been well received.
We will continue to review this period for September 2019.
Some quotes from parents:
There were also a number of comments that parents made about the strengths of the school which we wanted to share with the wider community:
‘A great school with excellent teachers. My daughter really enjoys school.’
‘I can’t praise the early years team highly enough. I can’t think of anything else that could have been done to support my son and he is flourishing.’
‘St Helen’s is a lovely school where my children are cared for by people I trust.’
‘My children are so happy at this school, they have run through the gate to go into class from their first weeks right through to year 6 which is testament to how much they enjoy coming to this school! We are extremely fortunate to have such a great school and appreciate all the hard work the leadership team and teachers put in.’
‘Strong sense of community; good teaching and other staff; good leadership and management; excellent outdoor facilities; lots of opportunities for the children to learn outside the classroom.’
‘An outstanding team of teachers that work well together, sharing their strengths and learning from each other. Clear values that the children understand and talk about and demonstrate in their actions.’
‘The nurturing and development of the children as individuals.’
We used an online survey company this year and we have generated a report from this data showing the responses to all of the questions. This report is available to download here.