Welcome to Holly Class!
Welcome to our Year One Class page! In Year One, we are very excited to be learning through play. We have many different areas in our classroom; maths, enquiry, phonics, art and workshop, construction, role play and outside provision. Every day we explore these different areas of the classroom and see where our learning takes us!
Mrs Mclean (Mon-Fri AM)
Mrs Burns (1:1 Mon-Fri)
Mrs Carpenter (1:1 Mon-Fri AM)
Summer Term Learning
During the Summer Term, the children will be exploring the Big Question of ‘How can human’s negative behaviour impact the environment?’ whilst our Global Theme is Sustainable Environmental Development. The children will learn about the significant event of plastic being invented. They will discover what the advantages and disadvantages of plastic are and learn how we can make sustainable choices for the future. In Geography, the children will focus on a local area and how it has changed over time from an environmental perspective. They will learn about deforestation and the impact this has on the world. Throughout this topic, our brave change-maker skills are self-awareness an reflection and cooperation and conflict resolution.
Term 5 Learning Questions:
- When/how/who invented plastic?
- What is plastic used for?
- How does it change overtime?
- What is the impact on the environment?
Term 6 Learning Questions:
- How has the local area changed over the last 30 years?
- Why has Bristol Zoo chosen to relocate to The Wild Place?
- How do we ensure the animals are moving to a sustainable environment?
- How can we make the environment at The Wild Place much more environmentally friendly?
- How can we raise awareness of environmental change and make a difference?
As our mini product outcome during Term 5, the children will create an ocean scene using junk modelling.
As our maxi product outcome at the end of Term 6, the children will go on a sponsored walk to raise money for a charity e.g. Green Spaces/Deforestation. They will also develop a video to raise awareness and encourage donations.
Summer Term Connected Curriculum Overview
Please click on the link below to find out all about the great things that we will be looking at this term in line with our Connected Curriculum
Please click on the link below to see our home learning menu.